It’s always good to nurture your relationship with your significant other; you’ll both stay strong, happy, and satisfied. Besides, happily coupled people live longer!
How? Follow these 7 ideas to keep the magic and harmony alive. You’ll start noticing the difference once you both keep these in mind!
- Communicate, communicate, communicate! The most essential element in a healthy relationship is open and honest communication between both partners. Holding in anger or wounded feelings will only hurt the relationship in the long run. Talk things out with your partner — and don’t forget to thank your partner for the little things he or she does for you. Sharing good feelings and appreciation are part of communication too!
- Take turns to delegate: Sometimes one partner wants the other to make all the decisions or one makes all the decisions when they want their partner to participate more. Make sure you both know to balance out decision making and/or share responsibilities by planning ahead, sharing what you both want, by knowing when to let the other ‘be right,’ and by being more considerate instead of sounding like either one is ordering. Read about each other’s Zodiac Sign characteristics to give you an insight on how each other are!
- Cook for love. The way to a anyone’s heart is through his or her stomach! Seduce your partner with chocolate, bananas, cinnamon, or any other aphrodisiac foods. And for the guys who think the kitchen is a woman’s territory, I know many women would agree that there’s nothing sexier than a man who can cook — or at least do the dishes!
- Take pride in the way you look. Eating well, staying active, and drinking plenty of water will help you maintain a healthy weight, smooth, clear skin, and strong, healthy hair. Don’t forget about regular grooming and hygiene habits — people who floss live longer!
- Dress the part! Dress up whenever you go out or put on something special for you and your significant other, it helps boost your confidence (follow your fashionscopes for great planet energy on your outfit and ideas). Ladies, wear that pretty dress just because you know he likes it, and men — you know how to look great when you try, or wear your the favorite cologne, shirt, pants, shoes that your partner likes on you!
- Take time for you: Have a date with yourself, do activities that you don’t mind doing by yourself, or hang out with your friends. It’s a good chance to reconnect with yourself and your friends and helps to avoid relying on your partner for your happiness and life all the time (which could make you feel lost or depressed over time). Same goes for your partner.
- Plan a date. With hectic work schedules, family responsibilities, and household errands, who has time for a spur-of-the-moment rendezvous? Set aside one night a week as your date night, and don’t let anything get in the way! Be creative, you don’t have to have dinner and a movie, you can watch a tv show together, cook together, have a candlelight dinner at home, go to the park, work out together, etc. Also, make an agreement not to discuss kids, money, or work while you’re on your date
This coming week, try at least one of these suggestions to keep your relationship going strong or come up with a few ideas of your own. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Have a Happy Ending every day!